I thought I had it all figured out. My first born was sleeping through the night, I was making him healthy meals (which he enjoys!), I had just converted to cloth diapers, and I was starting to have time to clean the house again. Then I had another baby. Holding an infant while chasing a toddler seemed like an impossible task, until I rediscovered baby wearing.
Wearing her conveniently allows me to snuggle her, while keeping up with my active toddler. We recently tried a Tula Baby Carrier, and really enjoyed it. Here’s why:
- Tula Baby Carriers are crafted out of 100% cotton and the highest quality Duraflex buckles, making them sturdy and durable.
- They are comfortable! When I wear my nearly 40 pound toddler in the Tula, I have less stress on my shoulders because some of his weight is distributed to my hips. I like the way the three section hip belt hugs my hips, and offers a storage pocket for my keys or phone. The extra squishy padding in the shoulder straps and child’s leg area is an added bonus!
- The straps are quite possibly my favorite feature of the Tula. They can be extended from the top or bottom, which allows for my husband and I to use the same carrier for our toddler or baby. I can adjust the straps quickly when I wear the carrier on my front, which makes breastfeeding in the Tula a breeze.
- They are machine washable, easy to use, and can be put on and taken off quickly. This is especially convenient, now that my oldest wants to go, go, go, and I need to strap the little one on at a moments notice.
- The detachable hood supports my baby’s head while she nurses or sleeps, and it is easy to tuck in to the carrier or take off completely.
- They offer a large variety of beautiful, lively prints and classic solid colors.
- Tula Baby Carriers come in standard and toddler sizes. The standard Tula Baby Carrier fits babies from birth (about 7.5+ pounds) to 40 pounds, if used with the infant insert. The Tula Toddler Carrier is designed for children that are about 25 to 50 pounds. Both sizes can be worn on your front or back, and provide a wide seat to support your child in a natural position. Tula also offers “Free to Grow” extensions, which can be attached to your standard Tula to help maintain an ergonomic position on bigger children (up to 40 pounds). If you’re local and want to see how they fit, stop by our store and try one on!
Tula is a family business, founded by husband and wife team, Mike and Ula. Although they wore their first baby, they became more interested in buckle carriers after their second baby was born. After searching for the perfect carrier with no luck, they created their own. They began sharing their carriers with friends and family, and their business quickly grew! Tula now offers woven wraps and wrap conversions as well.
Would you like to have a Tula of your very own? Enter Our August Giveaway, for your chance to win a Tula Baby Carrier in “Rockets!”